Reinstatement of Sunday Mass Obligation effective the weekend of June 19 and 20, 2021
Here in our part of the Lord’s vineyard we have been blessed to receive such effective vaccines, and to have in our state the nation’s second highest vaccination rate of any state. The resulting lowest rate of Covid infection and transmission in about 15 months is evidence of that. Cardinal Seán, starting on the weekend of June 19/20, is thus lifting the dispensation from participation in Sunday Mass that has been in place since the beginning of the pandemic last year. (The Cardinal’s full statement is here) It will be good for us to be together again more fully as a community than we have been in a long time! Remember that everyone’s safety has been and remains the highest priority at St. Anselm’s. Thus, we will continue to have a masked and socially distanced section for indoor liturgies, and the 11am Sunday mass will continue to be outdoors. The livestream of the 5pm Saturday mass will continue for those whom Cardinal Seán reminds us are not obliged to attend in-person: “This obligation does not apply to those who are ill; those who have been recently exposed to COVID or any other communicable illness; those who are confined to their homes or to hospitals or other facilities due to illness, infirmity, frailty, or age; and those who are not yet able to be vaccinated, due to age or any health consideration.” See you at church! “Enter his gates with thanksgiving, his courts with praise. Give thanks to him, bless his name; good indeed is the Lord, His mercy endures forever,” (Psalm 100:4-5)
Revised Covid Guidelines effective May 29, 2021
Register for our new 2021-2022 Faith Formation Program
Welcome Back Social
Our Welcome & Social committee is planning how we can help our community grow larger and closer in the months ahead, especially with the pandemic subsiding and our new ability to gather socially as a result.
Our first event is a Welcome Back Coffee Hour on the lawn outside, weather permitting on Sunday June 27th at the end of the 11am Mass. Please join us, volunteer to help out (sign up below), and bring a friend!
The Holy Spirit Working in Our Lives
- Bertelli Scholarship – Winners will be announced on June 20th.
- Welcome Back Coffee Social – Sunday, June 27th after the 11 am outdoor mass. Help is needed with set-up, refreshments, and clean-up. To volunteer to help with the social, go to our GetInvolved/Serve page.
- Faith Formation – We are now registering for our New Holistic Faith Formation Program. Please go to our Faith Formation page for more information.
- Taizé Prayer – June 24th. Go to GetInvolved/Pray to learn more.
- Prayer Requests – You can now write in our Virtual Book of Special Intentions at #StAnselmPraysWithYou. Prayer is so powerful.
Saturday Indoor Mass & Livestream at 5:00 pm. To watch the livestream, click here
Sunday Outdoor/Drive In Mass at 11 am.
Monday Indoor Mass at 8 am.
Please note there is NO Morning Mass on Monday June 14, or Monday June 28.
Read about the Revised Covid Guidelines effective May 29, 2021. By clicking here.
If conditions are too adverse to use the outdoor altar, mass will be celebrated indoors while you listen on your car radio outside. Communion will be brought out to you.
Please Contribute to St. Anselm
Use the button below or visit our Give page for more information
The Drive-In Mass comes to Sudbury
- NBC10 Interview of Father Brent about our Special Outdoor Masses April 4, 2021
- Sudbury Town Crier The Drive In Mass Comes to Sudbury February 1, 2021
- Milford Daily News Article: Churches Adapt for Christmas Dec 2020
- Metrowest Daily News Article: Faith Rewarded in Sudbury Oct 2020
- October 3rd Lay Leadership Announcement
St. Anselm Church is a caring committed, Catholic community fostering a close and effective collaboration among the clergy, religious and laity, living the Gospel message of Jesus Christ. With appreciation of our diversity, we create a welcoming partnership of loving relationships through our commitment to sharing our time, talent, and treasure. We provide an atmosphere of collective thankfulness and spiritual nourishment through our vibrant sacramental life.