NEWS & UPCOMING EVENTS
- Gratitude Wall – We have much to be grateful for even in these challenging times. Our Gratitude Wall, which was erected two weeks ago by the front driveway, testifies to that truth by the heartfelt prayers of gratitude that have been posted on it. When we make a point of offering thanks for what is good, we are choosing to inhabit the HOPE that is at the very heart of who God is and what God seeks for us! Join us in writing your own prayer on our Gratitude Wall, and lifting up the prayers of others.
- Taizé Prayer – A special liturgical prayer experience featuring beautiful music, candlelight, scripture, and veneration of the cross, will be hosted at St. Anselm (and streamed), on January 21st and February 25th at 7 pm. Click here to register: Taizé Prayer Registration.
- Faith Formation Sessions – Learn about or prepare for the sacraments of Reconciliation on January 24th and of the Eucharist February 7th. Both sessions are being held outside at the front steps of the church from 12 pm- 1pm after the 11am outdoor mass. Children of all ages are encouraged to come but these sessions are required for those making Reconciliation and Communion.
- Zoom Book Groups – Read and discuss the heartfelt, thought-provoking book, by Pope Francis, Let us Dream (2020) – 3 one-hour weekly sessions. Meetings are at 7:30 PM on January 28th, February 4th & February 11th. Register here: Adult book Group Registration, email or call the rectory. A similar group is being offered specially for the teens and young adults: Teen and Youth Book Group Registration.
- Lent Small Groups – A wonderful way of us getting to know one another better and deepen our prayer is through the Lent Small Groups, “With Jesus to the Cross“. It entails weekly meetings to pray, reflect & share with one another about the Lent Sunday scriptures. Register by February 5th here: Small Group Registration, or by emailing or calling the rectory.
- First Reconciliation and First Communion – Sunday, February, 14th.
- Outside Mass Sound – The sound issues from a few weeks ago are now resolved and we now have new equipment on the way.
- Coming Soon: More virtual & in-person events; new opportunities for service and involvement.
Our new Gratitude Wall is up for all to post prayers of gratitude.
St. Anselm Church is a caring committed, Catholic community fostering a close and effective collaboration among the clergy, religious and laity, living the Gospel message of Jesus Christ. With appreciation of our diversity, we create a welcoming partnership of loving relationships through our commitment to sharing our time, talent, and treasure. We provide an atmosphere of collective thankfulness and spiritual nourishment through our vibrant sacramental life.