Please complete the contact form at the bottom of the page or call the Rectory to express your desire to get involved. No commitment is too small. Thank you in advance for the gift of your time and talent. GET INVOLVED!
Eucharistic Minister and Lectors – Any church member who has been confirmed and feels called to be a Lector or Eucharistic Minister is encouraged to give prayerful consideration and volunteer for these very important and rewarding ministries. Training will be provided.
Greeters – Provide a warm welcome at Saturday 5 pm Indoor Mass and Sunday 11 AM Outdoor Mass.
Outdoor Mass Help – People are needed to setup for mass and breakdown afterwards, to greet cars as they arrive, and to ensure a safe parking experience by directing traffic.
WALK FOR THE POOR
The St Anselm Conference of St Vincent de Paul is holding a Walk for the Poor on Sunday, October 17th after the 11am Mass, from noon to 1:30pm. The walk is an easy stroll through the neighborhoods around St Anselm’s. People will also have the option to walk around the driveway/parking lot of St. Anselm’s. Participants should register their walk on the Friends of the Poor website https://www.fopwalk.org/. You will have to enter the name of your conference and the walk location. We will also have a table for paper registration and donations the day of the walk. After the walk, we will have hotdogs, popcorn, apples, water or lemonade, and apple cider. Anyone wishing to donate online to the St Anselm Conference’s walk, please go to https://www.fopwalk.org/ , choose “Massachusetts” and then scroll down until you see St Anselm FOP Walk. Click on “Donate to Event”.
Livestream Mass– The communications team is seeking people to help livestream the 5 pm Saturday Vigil Mass and other services or events. Equipment and training is provided. Simply arrive at Mass by 4:30 pm and leave right after. Volunteer on a regular basis or help out as needed. Please consider helping to make it possible to welcome all members of the community to participate in services at Saint Anselm.
Social Media– Do you like taking pictures on your iPhone? Recording videos? Making social media posts? All of our events need some sort of promotion or recognition. Many hands are needed in this area with a limited time commitment.
Car Packers and Drivers– People are needed to help pack the car and drivers are needed to deliver the food to Daniel’s Table in Framingham. The time commitment is a couple of hours every 3 weeks on a Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday between the hours of 10am – 2pm.
Food Sorters – Food items are sorted on Monday or Tuesday mornings and it usually takes about an hour. You can sign up for as many or as few shifts as fits your schedule.
More Opportunities to Serve
- Adopt-A-Garden – Make St Anselm stand out even more by adopting a garden space or a garden task! All help is welcome and can be done on a rotating basis.
- Children’s Activities- Help plan some fun, safe events like reading a story to them after Sunday mass on the front steps of the church.
- Faith Formation Retreats– Be a part of the team that helps our children prepare for the sacraments. “Day of ” help is always needed.
- Kid’s Community Service Project– Bring passion and help run a community service project to show our kids how serving others benefits all involved.
- Vacuuming Team – Men, women and young adult volunteers vacuum the church carpets on a 2 -3 month rotation. You choose the day to help keep our sanctuary beautiful while also getting some light exercise.
- Welcoming Team- Reach out and connect with new community members, provide them with information about church events and possible ways to get involved.